BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Guest Blogger Shannan Albright dishes about Sin City and what makes a man sexy!

Welcome dearest Shannan (and fellow 'Twas A Dark and Delicious Christmas Author) to my humble abode. Lets get crackin' with the dish, shall we?


A.D:  So, love, when did you get bit by the writer bug?

That big old bug sunk its teeth into me at the age of eleven. I have always been an avid reader even as a young child. I couldn’t get enough of Dr. Seuss books. I remember barely containing my excitement the first time my mom let me buy my first book. She shook her head and wondered if I was really her child.

A.D: Eleven. Really? Damn woman, you were brought up right! As a reader, what is your favorite genre and why?

Honestly it changes. It used to be Historical Romance then I went on a kick with Koontz books then Fantasy. So far Paranormal Romance has been the one genre that has kept my attention more than any other. The most important thing to me is that it’s well written and can keep my attention to go past the first chapter. I think characterization is the most important thing to me. If I don’t feel a connection to the characters then I won’t read it.

A.D: Amen sister. I'm right there with you! I've put books down because they lost me. Onto a steamier question...what makes a man (or woman) sexy?

Hummm…my favorite topic. (Evil laugh)I’ll keep it clean I swear! Ok this is what I think is sexy about a man. That slow smile he gets on his face as he looks you up and down when you walk in the room. The way he breaths you in when you are wearing his favorite perfume. The self assured way he holds himself. Nothing is sexier as a man confident in knowing himself. Whew! I think I need a cold shower now Lol!

A.D: Confident men for the win! So what can we expect in the future from Shannan Albright?

I hope to have at least one more book out for the Dark Breed series; I’m working on an Urban Fantasy End of Days theme that could also be spun out into a series, A MMF Ménage Paranormal Romance of course. And a sequel full length story around Christmas that takes up where my short story ended, this time centering on Elric’s father and Laura’s agent.

A.D: I love reading stories about characters you've only been given a taste of. To me, as a reader, it piques my interest more than a blurb ever could. Tease me and you have a fan for life. What makes your latest release so special to you?

This is the first series I have ever attempted and the idea for it slammed into my brain fast and furious right after I had finished the short story for Evernight. I couldn’t write it fast enough! The Characters really spoke to me. Ok so they shouted at the top of their lungs! I really found myself caught up with the whole plot, rooting for them to the very end.

A.D: I am salivating for this book. I can't wait to get my hands on it. Thank you so much for hanging out with me today. It's been a blasty-blast! Just for fun...you live in Las Vegas, Sin City baby! What is the most amazing thing about living in that city and why?

The amazing talent you see here. There are actors, dancers, artists of every kind. The energy to the place is frenetic and amazing. The creativity of the area pulls you in. In addition I have a fantastic group of women in my Las Vegas Romance Writers RWA chapter who are just the best support group you could ever wish for. 



                                             About Shannan Albright

Shannan Albright lives in Las Vegas, NV with her husband, two dogs and two cats. She has currently published a short story in the Christmas Anthology ‘Twas a Dark and Delicious Christmas – A Christmas Wish for Laura. She has her first novel in the Dark Breed series coming in March and has three other books in development.

  She loves dark, edgy heroes and heroines overcoming impossible odds internal and external. I am a "hopeful" Romantic and believe healthy relationships and strong partnerships are key to a happy ever after.








Dark Passion Rising: A Dark Breed Novel

Coming in March 20011 from Evernight Publishing

Tambra Ellis has just had her world turned upside down! Surviving a bite from a Lycan, attracted to one hot vampire guy and now she has to look forward to turning into something from some bad werewolf movie.
Marcus Valerian has enough on his plate without the added complication of Tambra Ellis. Fiery and independent? Sure. Beautiful with a body made for sin? Oh Yeh. And a human cop. Tambra is everything he needs to stay away from.
As leader of the Tribunal’s enforcers it’s up to him to find out why the Dark Breeds are going feral and killing humans in ever increasing numbers. Tambra’s life is in the balance as the secrets of her past place her in the middle of old deceits and a betrayal that will change the world forever.
Will Marcus and Tambra’s love survive or will it be too late.



Books By Shannan






Available from Evernight Publishing






Visit Shannan on the web



1 comments:

A.D Blackburn said...

Thanks so much for coming to hang out with me Shannan. It was a blast!