BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award!


All around amazing gal and one helluva writer, Delilah Hunt has bestowed upon me the honor of The Versatile Blogger Award! I was so honored that she liked reading my bloggie musings.

The great thing about this particular award its that it encourages Bloggers to spill a little more detail about themselves.

Recipients should:
A) Share 7 things about themselves
B) Pass this award onto 15 other recently discovered Bloggers
C) Notify the recipients
D) Link the Blogger who gave this award

As I have D covered, I will proceed to A through C :)

1. I abhor movie remakes. I refuse to see them on principle. I have a theory that if it was great the first time. you leave it alone. It if was crappy the first go round, you can do nothing to make it better, short of completely altering the story line. Caveat to this is there have been a few movies I've seen that I had no idea they were remakes and I thoroughly enjoyed.

2.  I have 5 tattoos and I want more.

3. My life long love for men who are not considered attractive by typical standards stopped with my husband. My whole life, I have fawned over men like Jeremy Irons, Liam Neeson, Alan Rickman, Gary Oldman, you get the idea. Seasoned with a deep aristocratic accent was my cup of tea. Growing up I was convinced that I would marry an older eccentric British man. But I lost my heart to a 6 '2, black haired, blue-eyed country boy from North Carolina who works with his very large and manly hands and whose hobbies include MMA fighting and riding his Harley Davidson. In my wildest dreams, I never would have imagined a more perfect match.

4. In high school I was voted Most Likely to be a Mortician. Strange part is, at one time, I considered this occupation, but it was completely monetarily driven.

5. I love Shakespeare...genuinely. In college, I devoted and entire semester to studying The Bard. My professor actually studied at The Shakespeare Institute and I would swoon every time he told us about the Guest Lectures from people like Jeremy Irons, Al Pacino and Dame Judi Dench. My all time favorite play of Shakespeare's is his most violent and controversial - pretend to be shocked. Titus Andronicus. You wanna serious mind fuck? Read THAT play! Second on my favorite list is Much Ado About Nothing. Beatrice was my hero.

6. I love anything and everything 1930s and 40s. The music, the clothes, the movies, EVERYTHING!

7. I have a dark sense of humor. I laugh at The Darwin Awards. It's bad.


So there you have it, factoids about me. I will post my list of recipients later, after I have had coffee.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO. We have number 4 in common. I have such a crush on Alan Rickman. I love Harry Potter, but seeing Alan as Professor Snape is like the icing on the cake.
I thought I was going to marry an older British guy too, could have been because of all the historical romances I read. Hubby ended up being German. Not too shabby though.

A.D Blackburn said...

I adore the Harry Potter movies simply BECAUSE Rickman is Snape. And Jeremy Irons? I could listen to that man read a phone book. His voice is like Buttah....rich, gravelly, sexy buttah!

I was convinced, from the ages of 15 to 20 that I was in face going to be the next Mrs. Gary Oldman. Mmmmm, Sirius Black.

Anonymous said...

Oh Man. Annie I started reading Harry Potter after my cousins dragged me off to see Sorceror's Stone. I saw Rickman as Snape and literally my eyes snapped open, like "Who is that fine ass man with the sexy voice." I started watching the other movies to see him and eventually got into the book.
I never got into Jeremy Irons or Oldham. Boo for Sirus how he treated my poor Sevvie!!

Anonymous said...

I had to follow the blog award after Delilah. Glad I did. Cool blog. Look forward to visiting again. Oh, BTW, I love 30's and 40's cloths and jewelry.

A.D Blackburn said...

Thanks for stopping in Ciara and thanks for the compliment. My wedding dress was chosen simply because is was a vintage 40's look! I saw it and fell mad for it. I even attempted to do with birdcage veil and the waves in my hair but last minute hang ups saw me wearing a regular veil :(

Delilah, you wanna drool over some serious awesome hot British man? Check out Gary Oldman in The Scarlett Letter. HAWTNESS!!!!!