BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Review: Lucky Stiff by Tonia Brown

If you've perused my blog, you know that this is a new thing for me. I've never done a review on here before, and it was my intention to never do so, since I know so many amazing writers. But once in awhile, you come across a piece of literature that is too deliciously sinful NOT to share, and so, without further ado, I present to you: Lucky Stiff: 


Title: Lucky Stiff
Author: Tonia Brown
Genre: Erotica
Content: Zombie lovin' to the Nth degree
Publisher: Library of the Living Dead Press
Buy Here 


Meet Peter Lyles, a young man unremarkable in life but unforgettable in un-death. After he accidentally overdoses while on spring break, Peter's friends do him the dubious favor of bringing him back to life. Or rather, they turn him into a zombie with the help of a little old fashioned Voodoo. Peter's journey through the unlife takes him from the homebrewed sex magic of a mysterious swamp-dwelling Madam, to bouncing from bedroom to bedroom all across the globe, and finally leaving him with a career as the hottest gigolo not alive. All the while, he must deny his hunger for human flesh while sating his passion for, well, human flesh. At turns humorous, at times touching, but always sexy, sexy, sexy. "Lucky Stiff" will leave you wanting more Peter. He's just that good.






Review: 


"My name is Peter Lyles, and I am dead." 


I am going to do my best not to give away ANYTHING in this review, simply because this is a book that must be savored without spoiler. True, it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but when I read the blurb, I knew I had to eat it up like candy. 


Poor Peter. An over-achiever with a lack of pharmaceutical knowledge and a few friends who are just too high for logical processes, he ventures down to the Big Easy for a little post collegiate mid-term relaxation. 


Yeah, poor kid ends up dead. I liken it to the Roofie/Ecstasy incident in the movie The Hangover. All it takes is one dumb idiot mixing up the baggies and BAM! You have a corpse on your hands. The mild sedatives that Peter takes to help him relax turn out to be five high-powered pills of Ecstasy...oops. Suddenly, his friends have a corpse on their hands. Bend over, sans lube, please. To cover their asses, Peter's friend take him to a bayou Madam who gives Peter a second chance at "life".


As a zombie. I will leave the rest up to you to discover, but I must say that the journey of Peter Lyles is one that I will enjoy over and over again...and in the process of getting to know Peter Lyles, I can tell you that is something he wouldn't mind at all. 


This book is a first-person roller coaster ride of sex and magic. Tonia Brown - who also writes scintillating Steam Punk erotic romance as Regina Riley - is a wordsmith of the highest order. Lucky Stiff is the definitive example of how an author can show and tell all at the same time. It is very rarely that an author can write rocket hot sex and make your skin crawl with horror at the same time, but Mrs. Brown does both with expert precision. 


Horrorotica is a new genre for me, one that Tonia Brown rapidly ushered me into and it is now a fast favorite. Not only did this book introduce me to a whole new world as far as literature goes but it also provided me with a new favorite author. 




If you don't necessarily need a Happily Ever After in your stories, and you crave something a little darker and different, I would highly recommend this book. I laughed, and fanned myself all at the same time! 








                                    
                                                                5 SKULLIE REVIEW!!!!! 





0 comments: