BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Joy of the Season




Of all the A.D Blackburn's in the world, I'm the A.D Blackburniest!

So it was 17 degrees when I woke up this morning. I am one of the odd people in this world that LOVES the cold weather but I despise being cold. It's almost like a love/hate thing. Much to my chagrin, there was no snow, but the glistening white dew on the ground gave me a moment of joy.

I love this time of year. The older I get, the more the spirit of the season gets to me. There was a time when I was present driven. I longed to see what was under the tree. Now I would rather give than receive. I remember when I was a kid, the joy of waking up on Christmas morning and seeing the smiling faces of my parents as they shuffled in with their coffee and the bags under their eyes. Little did my siblings and I realize that when we woke them at six in the morning, they'd just finished putting the bikes and the Barbie Dream houses together at five. When I discovered that Santa was Mom and Dad, I wasn't upset or let down. I instantly began dreaming of the day when I got to be Old Saint Nick.

The first year that a kidlet woke me up early in the am to see what Santa brought was the most joyous moment.

Nevermind that I had an hours sleep because I was putting the bikes together this time.

I like receiving gifts but normally, if I didn't get a thing, I would be fine. This year, I have received amazing gifts, however.

My husband and two more children to love.
My dreams coming true through Evernight Publishing and readers like you.

Now if I could only wrap you all and put you under the tree <3

I hope to give you some news soon as to the progress of my latest book. I am writing it's sequel as we speak. The moment I receive a cover and a solid release date, you will be the first to know. Until then, best wishes to you and yours and Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, computers really suck. I wrote out this long response and it vanished before my eyes. Oh well. You know how I feel about the cold too. I like looking outside though on the beauty of it while being bundled up inside. And yeah kids do make Christmas even more special. Good luck on your WIP. I can't wait to see your latest cover!